Prep Time:10 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
These juicy, flavorful chicken tenders are marinated in pickle juice then breaded and baked in the oven or air fryer!
- 12 (1 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- 1- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice (enough to cover the chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- cooking spray
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours.
After 8 hours, drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels; discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with oil.
- Combine egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
- Dip chicken in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake 6 minutes, until golden.
Air Fryer Directions:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Spray the chicken on both sides with oil. Cook in batches in a single layer 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 3 tenders
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 244 calories
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 422mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 37g
All images and text ©Gina Homolka for Skinnytaste
Original post from Skinny Taste: https://www.skinnytaste.com/pickle-brined-baked-chicken-tenders/